Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Adventures 2 & 3

Adventure 2:

Day ten:
Saturday, February 1:
The day was just fine despite the oncologist's warning that it would be the most difficult.  I did pretty much stay home and take it easy.

Adventure 3:
Day 14:
I'm still pretty much piddling around, cooking things that last more than one meal, and taking one or two naps if I feel like it.
The adventure came as I prepared to head to church.
I brushed my hair and filled the hair brush three times.  The downside of that was not only that I thought I'd keep my hair longer, but also that this is the first time since childhood that my hair has been anywhere near waist length.
Compared to the fact that I'm living, losing my hair isn't as bad as I would have expected, at least not yet, but it did bring back a lot of mean things that were said to me as a child, including by family members, such as, "Well, really, your hair is the only thing you have going for you."  That was not true, but I took it to heart.  Time to let that old hurt go!!

I do believe it's time to go shopping for Queen Elizabeth hats!

1 comment:

  1. I'd thought about making one of those biker scarves for a friend (male) in case he lost his hair, but, he never did. I figured I'd line it with fleece or flannel so that it would be soft inside. My hairdresser had a friend cut her hair off when it started coming out. She said it was easier that way than facing all that long hair in the brush each day. Maybe you can knit a cute hat or two. Personally, since I've not seen your hair, I can come up with lots of other things that you have going for you. Need a list????

    ReplyDelete